Fresh tuna can be expensive but it is delicious. Cooked simply like this with the crunch of sesame and Nigella seeds, the tuna remains succulent.
450g/1lb fresh tuna steak
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons Nigella seeds
Sunflower oil to brush the griddle plate
Stir fried vegetables
- Cut the tuna into neat cubes measuring 1.5cm/½ inch
- Mix together the seeds in a shallow bowl
- Carefully coat the sides of the cubed tuna leaving 2 sides without seeds.
- Thread the tuna cubes onto the wooden skewers
- Pre heat your Rangemaster griddle on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Lightly oil the griddle and place the tuna skewers on to cook
- Keep turning the tuna to seal the sides and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the tuna is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with Hoi-sin sauce for dipping and some stir fried vegetables.