Baked Red Snapper
2 Red Snapper, descaled and gutted
Sea salt and pepper
1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated 1 garlic clove, crushed
½ small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
Several sprigs of fresh thyme
1 Lime, cut into slices
2 tbsp olive oil
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰c fan, 190⁰c conventional, centre shelf, gas 6.
- Cut two large sheets of baking parchment greaseproof paper and rest them in an ovenproof dish
- Make three-four slashes on top of the fish, then season both inside and out with sea salt and black pepper
- Rub some of the garlic, ginger, chilli and thyme into the fish, pushing the remainder into the cavity.
- Add the lime slices then rest each fish in the baking parchment, drizzle with olive oil and wrap up.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the fish is tender and flakes easily