Spicy Meatballs in Tomato Sauce with Pasta
500g (1lb 2oz) minced lamb or beef
1 red onion, finely chopped
1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 long red chilli, chopped finely
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
Salt and black pepper
2–3 tbsp oil
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
500g rigatoni or penne pasta
1. Place the meat into a basin and add the onion, garlic, chilli, herbs and seasonings, mix well together. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into balls, the size of a walnut.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan with a removable handle and then add the meatballs.
3. Transfer the frying pan to the floor of the Roasting Oven and remove the handle. Fry until browned then turn the meatballs over and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour the tomatoes together with the tomato purée onto the meatballs, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the pasta, return to the boil and place in the Simmering Oven for the time indicated on the packet. Drain the pasta and mix together with the meatballs and tomato sauce.