Pan Fried Sea Bass with Tangy Mango Salsa
2 x 175g (6 oz) sea bass fillets, with skin on
2 tbsp oil
2 spring onions, shredded
1 small mango, pealed and diced
1/2 bulb of stem ginger, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp stem ginger syrup
1. Firstly make the salsa by placing all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well together. Just before cooking the fish, divide the salsa between two serving plates.
2. Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper and check there are no bones.
3. Heat the oil in an AGA frying pan. Place the fish fillets skin-side down into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on the boiling plate, until coloured. Carefully turn the fish fillets over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until the fish is just cooked.
4. Put the shredded spring onions into the side of the pan for the last minute of cooking.
5. Remove the fish from the pan and place on top of the salsa. Drain the spring onions on kitchen paper then sprinkle over the fish. Serve.