Festive Turkey & Seafood Paella
3-4 tbsp rapeseed oil
225g (8 oz) chorizo sausage, sliced
2 medium red onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced
Salt and black pepper
Few strands of saffron
300g (10½ oz) paella rice
650ml (22 fl oz) stock
12 mussels, cleaned
15g (½ oz) butter
2 shallots, chopped finely
1 small glass white wine
6-8 large raw prawns, shell-on
1-2 tbsp rapeseed oil
250g (9 oz) cooked turkey meat
1. Heat the oil in the AGA paella pan and gently fry the chorizo, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and then add the onion and garlic, cook until softened then add the tomatoes and pepper slices, season. Cook for 2 minutes.
2. Take 3 tablespoons of boiling water and add the saffron strands, soak for a few minutes. Return the chorizo to the pan then add the rice, stir well and heat until the rice is well coated. Add the stock and saffron water. Bring to the boil and stir to distribute all the ingredients. Boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
3. Transfer the paella pan to the Baking Oven for 10-12 minutes.
4. Cook the mussels – melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the chopped shallots, add the white wine and boil for a minute, then add the cleaned, closed mussels cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes (discard any mussels that are still closed).
5. Cook the large raw prawns in 1-2 tbsp hot oil, either in a frying pan on the hotplate or in the Roasting Oven, for 3-4 minutes, turning over once during cooking so they are pink all over and cooked through. Remove the paella pan from the oven and stir in the turkey slices and any liquid left from cooking the mussels.
6. Place on the Simmering Plate and simmer until the rice is cooked, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in the mussels, check seasoning and place the prawns on the top, leave to stand for 3-4 minutes.
7. Serve from the pan garnished with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Conventional cooking: Cook on the hob.